One of last month's topics was to write about what I have learned about myself since being here. That has probably been one of the hardest topics thus far, and not because I couldn't think of anything to write. It was hard because I didn't like what I wrote down. 99% of the things that I learned about myself were not so flattering, nothing to be proud of.
And that's the whole point. Pride kills. It is easier to grow than to get rid of.
I'm a nurse? big deal.
I came across the world to do good for other people? So did my co-workers. Big deal.
I've never left the church? I need Jesus just as much as you, maybe even more.
I won't give you the nitty gritty. Let's just say that what they say about working overseas is true. Faults are amplified and annoyances are compounded.
While looking at my list- my goal is to turn them around. Every strength has a shadow, and every weakness is made perfect in Christ's strength. I'm so glad that my God is restorative, that He loves making people into something beautiful, and that He is full of grace.
This introspective lesson has been good for me. Friends sometimes ask the hardest questions. Thank you, Heather. I think I'm ready for my next topic now. :)
2 comments:
This post made me happy. Praise God for hard questions and His amazing mercy with us "human" humans. Miss you :) New topic coming your way soon!
I'm always blessed and lifted up--ok, uplifted!--when I have time to stop by for a quick read of your blog. Thanks for "being real!"
Post a Comment