I ate a late breakfast with my grandparents at their motel. With a tummy full of continental breakfast food, we went outside and admired the lovely Florida sunshine and spring-like day.
Next: the tourist trolley ride. For those of you who have never been to St. Augustine, FL- it is pretty much a tourist town. All day long the horse drawn carriages go around the same block and all day long the trollies go to all of the historical sites and say their clever things ALL day long. Every day. For the rest of their lives.
I feel sorry for them sometimes.
But today we supported them by going on a trolley ride. I learned all about Ponce de Leon and how short he was. Mr. Flagler and how rich he was. And the man who founded St. Augustine who's name I cannot pronounce nor type.
I felt so much like a tourist and so when Mrs. P apologized when she left me with 150+ rolls of bread to rotate in and out of the oven, I jumped on the idea of doing something productive with my day. Starting now.
1 comment:
Lol:) Round & a-round for the rest of their lives giving the same boring speech...Thanks, that mental image made me laugh:)
Post a Comment