I accidentally took a long nap. It was such a long a nap that I thought it was the next morning when I woke up. Normally, I am not one to take naps, but somehow after a long week of work, a late Friday night, being around 4 yr. old twins, the snooze ooze level in my body began to rise. Napping is even Biblical. There is a time to rest and a time to stay awake. Well, okay, you are right: it doesn't say that Lamentations, but the Bible does talk about Jesus sleeping soundly on a boat and that Jonah did too. Resting the body is essential. Unfortunately, our church is found asleep, as portrayed in the Bibile by the ten virgins. How can I be spiritually awake? How can I keep from dozing off in my comfortable little world, and hold my guard against Satan? Here are five ideas...
- Be FAITHFUL in the little things
- Make GOD'S WORK priority
- DEVOTIONS
- PRAYER
- Do not procrastinate
Don't fall asleep. Rest in Jesus.
1 comment:
I'm glad you are getting some rest, girl. You need it! How was the wedding? Everything else going well at home??? I miss you tons!
Post a Comment