(!)
Of course, you probably knew that. And, if you didn't, you may have suspected that I was, since I haven't posted one single blog since being engaged. I really didn't want to be like just about every other engaged girl out there, sucked into the vacuum of engaged life (which, I can tell you-- is a very exciting place to be).
It's a strange thing, being far away and in love.
It has become our normal, but there probably isn't too much that is normal about our relationship.
For example, Joel does take me on a dates, even though I'm not there, to the beach or state parks (my favourite places!). I'm not there, but I am...in his heart, and on the phone-- I'm with him as he is describing everything, so that I can experience it with him too. An upside to these dates? I've learned that if ever I become blind, I know that I'll be in good hands.
Many of my dreams at night time are centred around me being with Joel again. Sometimes they are strange and nonsensical, but most make me feel that I'm actually on the same side of the ocean as him...
In just a few short and ridiculously busy months, I'll be reunited with my Love!
In just a few short and ridiculously busy months, I'll be reunited with my Love!
Which, in case you were wondering, will be better than a dream.
![]() |
| The soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs. Kurtz! |

5 comments:
I am so happy for you Emily! Thank you for this sweet post.
Yay!!!! Long distance engagements are tough, but once you are over with that, marriage is the best!!
:-)
Much MUCH better than a dream! <3 Every time I think of you folks I get thrilled to bits! The days will fly!
So exciting!!!
Post a Comment