I'm proud to have helped her add a few more words to her vocabulary this week:
Lard. The Irish like to put lard in their cabbage. I have no idea why. They say that's the only way to eat cabbage. Eat cabbage... Don't eat lard.
Asparagus. I tried demonstrating how an aspar-a-gus grows. When she looked at me like I was crazy, I drew on the napkin. I always know that she understands when her eyes light up and she tells me the word in German.
Sassy. This kiwi is sassy. Sometimes the pineapple is too. Well, actually that's not usually how we use that word. Aren't you glad that you are learning English from us?!
I've also shown her how to use the drying machine for the first time in her life, which I have mixed feelings about.
When we went thrifting yesterday, she saw a black teeny-bopper-ish shirt that said "Sassy". She proudly showed me. Thankfully, she didn't buy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment