Change of shift. A new day at the hospital. A new level of crazy. A phone call is transferred to me.
"Good morning, Emily. How are you doing? This is David Ottati..." (The CEO!)
For a split second I'm searching the crannies of my brain. (Did I do something wrong?!) Then I happily remembered that a month or so ago, he mentioned that him and his wife wanted to have some employees over to his house for lunch.
I was pretty excited that morning. I work at a hospital where the CEO knows my name, got to work before I did, cared about how I was doing, and personally invited me over to his family's house for Sabbath lunch.
One of my favorite coworkers, Angie, said "Emily, just imagine how exciting it will be when Jesus personally invites us to eat with Him in heaven. Can you imagine?!"
It was hard to imagine. But we tried, and it made us smile.
Lunch with the head hauncho at work is NOTHING compared to the ultimate honor to eat with our Savior. And the great thing about it? Jesus has already invited me... And you too.
4 comments:
Loved reading this, Em. Tell Ottatis I say hi! Give the kiddos hugs from me. Miss you! Have a wonderful Sabbath! Look forward to eating Sabbath lunch at the same table as you in Heaven... :)
Whoa, that's super cool! And eating with Jesus will be even cooler, you are right. Next I want to hear about how you invited Ottatis to YOUR Sabbath lunch, because that's what Zaccheus did (well, I guess Jesus invited himself, but yeah.)
Such a nice story. Well said.
What an awesome experience and correlation! Thanks so much for sharing that experience, Emily. I think I'll go to sleep tonight thinking about my personal invitation to Heaven's Sabbath dinner.
Post a Comment