Tonight at the Andrew Peterson concert, I realized two things.
1. I am, hands down, one of those people that reads everything on a CD sleeve. I love music and and have to make myself not buy more. I forget that not everyone is like that, and apparently Andrew Peterson's wife is not like me. This explains a lot of things from my childhood. My brother Luke would never understand why I would spend our entire ride in the car just reading the inside covers and lyrics in his CD case. He just didn't understand the joy or satisfaction that I got out of it. But Andrew Peterson does, and that makes me relieved.
2. "Storms are a reminder that we are not as great as we think we are." -Andrew Peterson
When he was telling a story about storms and tornados, the statement leapt out at me and I captured it. So many times I think I am invincible and it isn't until I am in a situation that is out of my control and I am left vulnerable, that I realize how small I am and how immense and powerful God is.
2 comments:
I like Andrew Peterson. And I like cd covers. :)
good thoughts, Em! I am glad I am not the only one who likes to think of profound thoughts while running. I wonder what thoughts I will be thinking during the 40 mile run...hmmm
Post a Comment