In my quest for a job, I have had to make a few projects to keep me busy. This was yesterday's project: tofu. I decided that I eat a heaping amount of tofu and I heard that tofu was simple to make. It was grand fun and tasty too.
Thanks to my brother Luke that is traveling through, we were able to get quite a bit done.
Soaking soybeans.
Making the coagulant: epson salt + water.
Boiling the blended soybeans (soymilk!).
After we poured in the epson salt mixture. It is curdling!

Next, we poured the almost-tofu into our version of a cheesecloth: a sheet.

We pressed the water out of the tofu through the colander and sheet.

Our beautiful loaf of tofu.
My breakfast.
6 comments:
Cool! Is it cheaper than purchasing tofu?
I am so impressed! I want to get a live demonstration of this sometime soon! You should grow soybeans on your porch and then make tofu from them. Incredible.
Mmm, that was some good breakfast. I like these projects.
That's so awesome! I've always wanted to make tofu. You'll have to teach me sometime.
yummy!!!! I tried making tofu once, but yours looks better than mine did!
Very VERY impressive! I have looked into the process of making tofu and found it was lengthy, and much more than I wanted to get in to. You pulled it off nicely! And I bet you had fund doing it!
Post a Comment