I got an envelope in the mail a few weeks ago from my friend Elise: a standard business envelope with a cupcake and "almost R.N.!" colored on it. I tore it open and found a pink bookmark that said "KEEP CALM AND HAVE A CUPCAKE". Next I pulled out an adhesive name tag that read: "Emily Fisher, RN". The last thing I read was a little pink piece of paper with directions:
What to Do After NCLEX...
1. "Praise the Lord!" -Mrs. Moniyung
2. Exit the testing center and get in your car. Put on your name tag.
3. Head S. on S. Yale Ave toward E. 73rd St. (0.1 miles)
4. Make a U-turn @ E 71st St. (0.2 miles)
5. Turn right @ E 71st St. (3.0 miles)
6. Turn right @S. Mingo Rd (325 ft)
7. Enter Kupcakz Bakery
8. Tell them you're Emily Fisher and you're there to pick up the Registered Nurse cupcakes.
9. Eat your cupcakes and party like it's 1988! (and know that friend Elise is partying for you.)
Just what I needed. And a thoughtful gift from a friend dearly missed.
This was so beautifully coordinated and planned out perfectly... except not everything went perfectly. The day before my test, I get a text from Elise saying that someone had stolen over a thousand dollars from her bank account and wasn't sure how. I half-way jokingly asked her if the cupcake people were the culprits. Sure enough.
Should I bring in reinforcement? Ah! Wish I had some pepper spray. I was scheming up ways to pick up my cupcakes from this place (were they even existent or was it all a facade?).
"Excuse me, I came to pick up my cupcakes and to pick up YOU! YOU STOLE ELISE' MONEY!"
Unfortunately, I was never given the opportunity to say those loving words.... :)
Thankfully, the situation was figured out on my drive to the cupcake bakery to pick up my delicacies. Apparently, some cunning customer hacked into the bakery's unsecured website and helped themselves to Elise' money.
Let's just say that these cupcakes are each worth about $106 each. (How much they cost+money stolen+the hourly wages of Elise' time spent sorting out the mess, using her future nurse salary).
Here's to my future of figuring out where to give shots.
The new letters behind my name.

So thoughtful: coconut cupcakes, and lemon cupcakes. (The chocolate was yummy too!) Thanks, Friend!
p.s. I passed the NCLEX! :)
5 comments:
yay!
Congratulations!!! That is an awesome way to celebrate :D
Congratulations! What a sweet celebration! By the way, did she ever get her money back?
Elise is so thoughtful. Good for her for planning something so cool!
and of course. Good for you Emily! So happy for you!
Congratulations Emily!!! You have two new initials and one amazing friend. In this and so many other ways you are exceedingly blessed!
Post a Comment