I have avoided it the entire school year. I have washed my hands, have gone to bed early, avoided sinfully sweet treats, and determined in my heart that I would NOT get sick, almost as if it is a sin.
So much for that.
Thankfully, getting sick is not a sin. Looking at the positive side of things, it is good for me to be reminded what it is like to not be able to get out of bed to get a drink of water or to get a cough drop or to turn up the heater as to keep away the chills. Nurses are around sick people all the time, and get used to being the comforter, not the one being comforted. I must admit, it is nice having other people bring you soup (thanks, Olivia!) and leaving encouraging messages. Being sick is a time to focuse on two things:
1. Getting better
2. Once better, helping others who are sick.
Meanwhile, I am taking hot and cold showers and alternating laying on the floor and sleeping with doing homework. Can't wait for heaven.
1 comment:
Oh, I hope you feel better! How are you doing other than being sick? It has been forever! Miss you!
Post a Comment