October 28, 2008
My Debating Debute
My hands are still cold and trembling, and my cheeks are still flushed and warm from the Sabbath Vs. Sunday debate. We gave it our all. It definitly was not a perfect presentation, but we made sure that each person in our Christian Belief's class had the opportunity to see for themselves that the Sabbath is the Biblical day of rest and worship and that the Ten Commandments were not nailed to the cross. Reese and Olivia were amazing! They pounded the points and uncovered many dusty and hidden aspects about Sabbath and Sunday. It was an exciting class for me (I don't know if it was for the people listening...). I was only slightly nervous and unprepared to meet the foes. I did study however, and boy did I pray! The pro-Sunday keepers were impressive. They were last time too, when they won the evolution debate. A 2% grade increase is always nice, but so is the satisfaction to know that the Ten Commandments and the Lord's day prevailed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I loved the post, Emily! God is so good!! And since Emily is too humble to share on here, she did a fabulous job presenting truth as well. :-)
That's so awesome! I'm proud of you guys.
Post a Comment