September 11, 2008

Thoughts on Nursing

...I am learning to be

A critical thinker
but not a critical person

A caretaker
and a caring person

Someone who listens to the heartbeat
and also listens to the heart

Someone who understands those who have difficulty speaking
and someone who understands

The one who gives attention
not the one who draws attention

A nurse that does not say, "I can't heal you"
but who says, "I know Someone that can heal you".

6 comments:

Laurel said...

Good thoughts Emily! Nursing does bring with it some helpful realizations... :)

Phoebe said...

Wow, you are such a good writer! Very profound thoughts, girl. Love ya!! I know you'll be an awesome nurse! Keep up the good work. :D

Chopsticks on Oboe said...

That's a really nice thought Emily! I pray that we all can tell others of Who can heal them.

Saralyn said...

Beautiful thoughts Emily, brings back memories from a few years ago...the excitement of starting the nursing program, studying and trying not to stress, meeting all sorts of people, learning to care like never before, realizing that healing goes beyond treating the physical... seeing a deeper picture of God's love. Blessings to you! It's worth the hard work ; ).

Caitlin said...

Thank you. I needed to be reminded!
:) Love you lots!

KJ Photos said...

Emily--

I loved yout thoughts here. Thanks so much for sharing. May God continue to bless you and grow you as you devote your life in service to Him.

With love--Karen (Olivia's mom)